Rate: in accordance with Market
Start date: 30-10-2017
End date: 31-10-2018
Option for extension: yes
Open for non-Dutch speaking candidate: yes
CV in English
Within Manufacturing IT the Solutions team implements, develops and maintains IT solutions that enable our users to run their operations effectively and efficiently and continuously improve their performance. The scope of this team is not limited to Nijmegen manufacturing, but also includes Shared Service Centres as well as some global used applications.
The dependency of these organizations on IT is very high; major problems with IT systems can easily lead to downtime of a factories and development organizations.
You will be working in the Semiconductor industry, which is highly complex. This is reflected also in the IT systems.
You will be placed in the domain Manufacturing/Business Intelligence where the applications range from data warehousing & reporting up to production and engineering supporting applications with complex data models, complex data processing up to data analytics.
Your role will develop from coached to fully responsible.
- Development of applications parts in the IT domain for manufacturing/business Intelligence
- Elaboration of functional requirements provided by/with the business
- Requirements design, implementation testing and release in the Agile/Scrum Project approach
- Design and creation of Proofs of Concept
- Capable of handling complex IT applications
- Ensure knowledge transfer between the solutions team, the service desk and other business representatives as appropriate.
- Maintenance of the existing applications (troubleshoot and Repair)
- Interact with the service desk and other IT teams to address problems and concerns in the areas related to the applications and infrastructure in our systems landscape
- Documentation of applications and data process at both high-level business and low-level technical details.
Key experience and skills:
- Master Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar complex environment
- Very strong analytic and conceptual skills with the ability to work hands-on in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in databases and data-processing in and around a database
- Demonstrable ability of self-learning and self-motivation and take ownership of your work
- Knowledge of architecture and n-tier designs that utilize Application Servers, Database Servers and multi-tiered development environments
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL is a pre
- Linux experience is a pre
- Knowledge of the full software development cycle
- Strong communication skills in both Dutch and English
- The Preferred candidate has a background in IT.
- Work consists out of maintenance 20%, user support 20% and development 60%
- Need to be able to understand the complex IT Manufacturing environment (Master degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience)